CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW JEWELRY!
- SERLING SILVER 925
STORING YOUR STERLING SILVER JEWELRY
Oxygen and moisture in the air will tarnish Sterling Silver Jewelry, so it's important to properly store your jewelry to help minimize the oxidation process. Here are a few storage tips:
- Store in an area with low humidity (no bathroom storage).
- Store each piece in an airtight (Ziplock) bag.
- Place a packet of silica or piece of chalk in the storage bag.
- Keep clasps/closures unhooked to avoid moisture buildup.
WEARING YOUR STERLING SILVER JEWELRY
Interesting fact: You can avoid tarnish by wearing your jewelry often! The natural oils in your skin will actually help protect and clean the silver. However, there are certain activities that can cause your jewelry to lose its luster quickly!
You should remove your jewelry before doing any of the following:
- Working Out
- Applying Hairspray or Hair Products
- Putting on Lotion and Makeup.